Founded in 1984, Professional Republican Women of Utah is a political organization for women with the following objectives:
- To recruit, train, educate, and support capable Republican women to seek elected office in Utah.
- To support the Republican party.
- To speak out for Republican ideals.
From elected officials to political staffers, homemakers to bankers, political veterans to the politically earnest, our members represent all facets and faces of the Republican Party.
Our board members are high-caliber, high-profile women in communities across Utah.
Join us now to enjoy the following benefits:
- Increase your knowledge. Attend our monthly meetings and other events to hear from outstanding guest speakers on Utah’s hottest issues, and to make more educated decisions regarding Utah political candidates.
- Stay connected. Not only do we keep you in the know, but we also keep you connected. PRW expands your professional network to include other high-caliber, involved and active women who share your Republican values and who are equally devoted to making a difference in Utah and in their community.
- Strengthen your political resume. Be better prepared to run for office.
- Convenient meeting times. PRW members are busy women, so our monthly meetings are convenient and consistent. Lunch meetings are held the first Thursday every month in the Copper room of the East Building on the Capitol Complex. Networking and lunch is at 11:30a.m. The program starts at 12:00 noon and is finished by 1:00 pm.
Past Speakers & Topics
Here’s a sampling of the caliber of speakers and range of topics from which you’ll learn as a member:
- Congressman Chris Stewart
- Senator Orrin Hatch
- Women Representatives and Senators
- State Representative Becky Lockhart, Update on the Utah State Legislature
- Thomas E. Bingham, Utah Manufacturers Association; Dr. Larry Shumway, Utah Board of Education; Senator Howard Stephenson; Dr. Cynthia A. Bioteau, SLCC on Education
- Lane Beattie, Representative Chris Herrod, Captain Chris Burbank on Illegal Immigration
- Lieutenant Governor Spencer Cox
- Senator John Valentine, David Irvine on Ethics Reform
- U.S. Senatorial Candidates
- First Lady Jeanette Herbert
- Kelly Matthews, Ph.D. on the Economic Situation in the U.S.
- Doug Wright from KSL Radio